Thursday, April 11, 2019

Nigerian Girl, Ketandu Adaeze Chiedu, Wins Full Scholarships to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Stanford


Chances are you have heard of these world-class universities. It is always great pride to be an alumini of any of these top notch higher learning institutions and greater encouragement to be selected to study in all five with scholarship - to have the choice to choose your first choice... That is a wow!

Proud mother of Ketandu, Joy Nnenne took to her Facebook to share the good news as a form of encouragement and it is a good thing she did to show that Nigeria and Nigerians are known for many good things than has been portrayed in the media. Her heart lifting message goes thus:

""HARVARD ✔
MIT ✔
STANFORD ✔
YALE ✔
PRINCETON ✔
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN ✔


With deepest pride and gratitude, I'm pleased to announce that my daughter, Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu, has been accepted into Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Yale,  Princeton and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign all on FULL RIDE scholarships. After many many years of hardwork, sleepless nights and uttermost dedication to her course, we witness a day like this.


In 2007, I fled Nigeria with Ketandu and her little sister, leaving behind a failed marriage and a few broken dreams. I wasn't sure what laid ahead, but there was never a time I doubted my capability to rise from the ashes of my failure. The burning desire to make a life for my two little girls kept me plotting, strategizing and constantly seeking opportunities.
Through the years, I suffered several setbacks but I have also enjoyed many many blessings.


I'm profoundly grateful to God and the United States of America, a country where you can dream and have those dreams come alive if you are willing to work hard and favor is on your side.


To everyone I met along the way who made my life a little easier- I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.""



Congratulations Ketandu Adaeze, we shall hear even bigger things concerning you! Well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment