Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Instagram, Whatsapp and Facebook shutdown scare


What! For a while, I was destabilized at the thought of my Internet connection acting up. It was not a busy day for me, so indulging in Social media was an interesting idea.

Suddenly, my Instagram stopped functioning correctly but not completely as some videos were playing. I could still view some Instagram stories too and kept wondering why the network connection was being selective. 

Whatsapp messages were not delivering to recipients. This was what made me conclude it was a network issue. You guessed right, I searched and researched for network, rebooted my phone severally with no progress, checked my data balance severally to ensure I was not out of bundles. 

I concluded that it must be a network issue from the service providers as the weather was also very gloomy. All these while I could not reach my sister on the phone to discuss my experiences. Was also prepping my mind to call the network providers. 

In an attempt to pass time till the network connection gets sorted, I decided to open the YouTube app to watch contents and movies I had downloaded sometime ago but had not had the time to watch. Only to see that video comments were uploading, which is impossible without proper network connection. Also, Twitter updates came through for a few pages I follow. At this stage, I was certain that the network connection on my device was being selective. 

Eventually, I slept off in the middle of a very interesting African movie to wake up to the news that it was a global issue that Whatsapp, Instagram and Facebook servers were down. Sigh! 

How was your experience?



No comments:

Post a Comment